Saturday 26 April 2014

Some custom painted Mass Effect themed shoes!

Woah... it’s been a while! How university gets in the way of life...

If you follow me on twitter, you may remember a little geeky project I had on the side lines during summer last year after I saw some amazing Mass Effect themed shoes by weemiji. It got me really inspired to make my own. So... behold my custom Mass Effect shoes! I fully designed and painted each of them myself and I have to say, I'm pretty chuffed with how they turned out! They feature characters from across all three games and I'll always lament those I had to leave out...(Thane *sniff*). I'll add some progress pictures and a more detailed explanation of how I did it if you're interested at a later date but for now, you can see a few more images in my imgur album here.



Here's Tali and Legion sharing the stage


The theme for these shoes is "putting your differences aside" - well, it wasn't when I started but I realised I was definitely drawn to unconventional couples being painted together! Here's Mordin and Wrex coming to an understanding.







There's no Shepard without Vakarian! This Shepard is based of my in game character who is very close to my heart!



A work in progress picture of Legion looking a bit bland










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make sure to leave a comment; I'd love to hear your thoughts! :) Minnie